Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jalapeño Crescent Poppers


Jalapeño poppers are so delish.  I applaud the person who thought of adding jalapeños to cream cheese.  
A kick of spiciness to lush creaminess.  The recipe I followed used flaky, buttery crescent rolls to make these poppers.


Jalapeño crescent poppers.

Need: 2 8oz crescent rolls, 8oz jalapeños, 2 8oz cream cheese, 2 tbsp sugar.

Chop up jalapeños and add to cream cheese.

They don't have to be too finely chopped....

...because the hand mixer takes care of it all.

Get your cousin to do the mixing :)


This is half of one of the crescent roll tubes.

Spread the jalapeño mixture.

Roll up from the long end and cut.  Each of the four rolls will make ~16 pinwheels.

These can be placed in the oven at 375 F for ~13 min.
I did three separate rounds since I didn't have space for all of them.

Be careful.  They don't call them "poppers" for nothing.






I like some with the edges well done.

Yumzalicious.
(new word I just made up)



I got the recipe from here.
I'd probably omit the sugar next time because I don't feel like the slight sweetness added is necessary to compliment the spiciness.


No comments:

Post a Comment