Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tangerine Walnut Broccoli

I came across this recipe for what the author stated as The Best Broccoli of Your Life.
I gave it my own twist and added roasted walnuts + tangerine zest + tangerine juice.  It came out so tasty with just the right amount of crunch and citrusy flavor.


Broccoli, red pepper, sea salt, black pepper, olive oil, & tangerines.

I only used the zest and juice of one tangerine, not too strong or light.

Mixed 2 tbsp of olive oil with crushed red peppers.


Placed on a tray and added the oil, salt, pepper, and crushed ginger.


Placed in the oven at 425 degrees for ~25 min (or until ends of broccoli slightly brown)

After taking out the broccoli, add 2 more tbsp of olive oil, the juice and some zest of one tangerine, and roasted walnuts:

3 lbs of walnuts! Gotta love Costco.

I roasted some walnuts in the oven, at the same time as the broccoli, for ~5-7 min.
I then took a plate of spinach and placed the broccoli with boneless chicken (in a black pepper marinade) from the crockpot for a delicious dinner.









I bet this would taste really good with noodles and soy sauce, like giving it an asian orange chicken kind of feel.  I'm making this again for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment