Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Breakfast Pizza

Experimented making a single serving pizza for breakfast today.
I've started using spelt flour (because it has a whole lotta fast-absorbing nutrients) and I have no complaints.  My first creation with spelt was in making a healthy banana bread for my grandparents...it was all gone by the second day.

Now onto the dough:
2 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp coconut oil, pinch of salt and baking powder, 1 tbsp water

Mix well and you'll get a little ball of dough

Spread dough in baking dish and put in un-preheated oven at 420 deg. for ~12 min

In the meantime, I scrambled an egg with feta cheese

Then put the two together with salsa and pepper


The dough came out pretty well and baked quicker than expected.  Overall, experiment = success!


To make it more "pizza-ish" you could add olives, onions, bell peppers, meat, mozzarella cheese, etc to the omelet.  I just preferred laziness and simplicity this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment