Thursday, November 24, 2011

Spartacus Workout

There are times when you have a good workout and leave sweaty, hungry, and excited to eat breakfast.
Then there are times when a workout goes beyond that and you almost feel like throwing up.  I love the latter kind (no more than twice a week) because it kicks up the intensity, is fairly quick, and feels great after cooling down.

This morning I did the Spartacus Workout.

I have a fitness loyalty to this Trainer Josh guy.

50 seconds exercise, 10 seconds rest, 3 circuits, 2 min rest between circuits.

1. Goblet squats
2. Mountain climbers
3. Single arm dumbbell swings
4. T stab pushups------ add a weight here to make it harder
5. Split jump lunges------this one kills me
6. Dumbbell row
7. Dumbbell side lunge
8. Single arm dumbbell plank row
9. Forward lunge with dumbbell rotation
10. Dumbbell squat overhead press

To make it easier at the gym I downloaded this interval timer app called Seconds Pro.


Now I can save all my circuit training/HIIT workouts. There's also a robot lady voice that reads the exercises to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment