Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes

I love breakfast. And when I loved breakfast this morning, it meant several different things....(1) I woke up for Impact, a class that combines punching and kickboxing (2) I'm not still stuffed from last night's house dinner party (3) I have all the ingredients to meet my stomach's desire.

Tastes as good as it's nutritional value

Super quick to make. Just threw all of these ingredients in the Magic Bullet:
1/2 cup oats
egg whites from 2 eggs
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 banana

Blend. Put half of the mix on a small frying pan. A couple minutes on each side. Repeat for second pancake. Then top with the other half of the banana, maple syrup (I use Trader Joe's 100% pure maple syrup, grade B), and cinnamon.  

I have come to the conclusion that cinnamon is one of my top 5 favorite spices, along with cumin and basil.  The other two have yet to be determined.  Besides tasting so good with sugar, reminding me of my childhood, and adding that "comfort" to food, there are numerous health benefits--anti-inflamatory, controls blood sugar levels, and boosts brain function.  But whatever, those first three points are enough to sell me.


No comments:

Post a Comment