Sunday, October 16, 2011

Running Outside

I can only remember running outside once since the beginning of the summer. Which may be a shame since weather conditions will suck in a few months.  I usually like to use the elliptical because I feel more motivated with numbers in front of me and my music playlist keeps me going.  Nature always seemed like it would distract me, but I think I'm changing my mind...


I started off doing a home circuit workout.  Then I went outside and told myself I'd just run up one hilly road.  I ran up that and kept going past my house, to my old high school bus stop.  Again, I was going to turn around after that, but I kept running after I came really close to this little guy....  


I imagined him chasing after me with his newly formed antlers, but no, that's not right, he started to run alongside of me.  I reached the top of a hill and saw this...


Which is an exaggeration...but that's what I felt like I was seeing.  I ran down the hill and passed by the most Halloween-decorated house I've seen, with a complete cemetery in the front yard.  I ran past the modest, tree-lined houses in town.  Then I had my last challenge...this dreadful hill that I would hate walking up, with my heavy backpack on, after the last bell rang in elementary school.  I made it up the hill and then complimented a lady's dog that looked like this...


What a great dog for running inspiration.  I made it to the end of my cul-de-sac and did some stretches in the backyard.  When I came back inside I thought, "I could have gone for longer than that..."


Well, next time I will.


1 comment: