Monday, October 10, 2011

Salads > Sandwiches

Okay maybe not all the time, but this is the easiest way to make a healthy, satisfyingly filling and crunchy, colorful, tasty meal.
The key ingredient is just last night's leftovers.  In today's case it was BBQ chicken.  Mmm.

this picture does not do justice.

Now to remember everything I put in this big bowl....romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, shredded carrots and cabbage, baby dill pickles, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, green peppers, desi chickpeas, and bbq chicken.  I think that's it.  The best thing is, one vegetable will always taste good with another, so I can go crazy with whatever I find in the fridge (you should see me at salad bars).  

And dressing? What dressing? I don't think I can top this with anything else (pun, intended).

My family has seen me eat a variety of these and have gotten way more into salads as a result.  However...I made one for my grandfather and cringed when I saw him pour salt over his (not good for high blood pressure!).  I will have to tell someone else to scold him because when it comes to grandparents, I don't have the heart to do it!



And holy crap, it'd be so easy to make vegetable spaghetti if I had one of these

No comments:

Post a Comment